The Governing Council of the regional Executive has authorized Tuesday the Minister of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural World, Territory and Population, Eva Hita, the approval of the contract expense ‘Veterinary service for the execution of official surveillance, control and Eradication of animal diseases in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja. 2020 ’campaign, with an amount of 245,115 euros.
The official programs for surveillance, control and eradication of animal diseases are mandatory throughout the national territory, with the autonomous communities corresponding to their development.
The purpose of these programs is to improve animal health and the productivity of livestock farms; the defense of public health, since some diseases are transmissible to man; the sanitary qualification of farms; facilitate the livestock commercial movement and the development, in general, of the Riojan livestock sector, so that its presence in the markets is possible, fulfilling all the required sanitary requirements.
The development and execution of these programs cannot be covered by the means of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural World, Territory and Population, since the Official Veterinary Services are entrusted with other mandatory functions. Therefore, it is necessary to hire these services for their realization by entities or companies that have free veterinarians.
The contract will include the execution of the following health programs:
– Eradication of bovine tuberculosis, which also includes the control of certain caprine farms against this disease.
– Eradication of ovine and caprine brucellosis.
– Eradication of bovine brucellosis.
– Control and eradication of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) in cattle, sheep and goats.
– Control programs for certain diseases of pigs such as Aujeszky’s disease, African swine fever (PPA), classical swine fever (PPC) and swine vesicular disease.
More information at: https://nuevecuatrouno.com/2019/12/17/gobierno-rioja-campana-control-enfermedades-animales/