By CJ Puotinen
Have you heard of the benefits that humans reap from the apple cider vinegar, but you have considered its uses for dogs?
Apple cider vinegar or ACV, is ideal for the health of dogs.
Apple cider vinegar begins life as apple juice or sweet cider. Then the fermentation of yeast and natural sugars occurs, creating an alcoholic or “hard” cider vinegar to a “mother” is added. The mother forms a sticky and viscous mass on the surface of the hard cider, inoculating with aerobic bacteria which convert the alcohol into acetic acid, creating a new generation.
Cider vinegar raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized contains all the nutrients that survive the fermentation and oxygenation, and its content looks suspicious, with pieces of dark mud floating around or settled on the bottom. Do not worry about this strange smell and appearance; this sediment stroke makes it one of the most popular on the market raw vinegars.
ACV connoisseurs say unfiltered apple cider vinegar can be used as a remedy for many health conditions in dogs, including:
- Relieves or prevents arthritis
- Improves digestion
- It acts as a tonic urinary system, eliminating urinary tract infections and prevents the formation of kidney stones and bladder
- Improves hair growth and hair condition
- Clean the skin from bacterial and fungal infections
- Reduces skin flakes and dandruff
- It makes you less attractive to biting insects
- Helps prevent food poisoning
- It acts as a natural antibiotic to disrupt the development of viral bacterial and infectious diseases
- Relieves muscle fatigue
- Relieves itching
- Improving the adaptability to low temperatures
- Reduce the callus and corns elbow
- When applied to the ears, clean and prevent ear infections.
Apple cider vinegar for our dog’s digestive system
This type of vinegar also offers great benefits to intestinal levels, given its many medicinal properties and the presence of beneficial enzymes in it. Although we must be very careful because too much vinegar in your diet can cause damage.
The first thing to know is that we should never give apple cider vinegar our dog if you have an empty stomach, ie, there should always be eaten first. The way to give apple cider vinegar is putting a small scoop (for dessert) apple cider vinegar in their water dish, the ratio is one teaspoon per liter of water
If our dog weighs more than thirty kilos, we should double the dosage, so that would be two small spoons per liter of water. Thus apple cider vinegar enter into the body of our dog propitiating the following benefits:
- Internal Desperation (preventive)
- Elimination of harmful bacteria in the intestinal tract
- Improvement of intestinal transit by the proliferation of beneficial bacteria
- Help make better digestions
- Improved dental health
We should not use apple cider vinegar over two or three days per week, ie it is not something that can be used every day because it would be harmful. Everything in its extent, too much can lead to vomiting,diarrhea in dogs, etc.
Apple Vinegar Unfiltered (ACV) is an important ingredient of our natural product; the EWEGURT.
More information in: www.whole-dog-journal.com